Course C : Uncertainty Of Measurement
DATE for the year of 2018:
The course is based on currently accepted International documents, but the emphasis is on understanding and applying the concepts in a manner suitable for local industries. Unnecessary mathematical complexity is eliminated. Technical terms are defined and explained in simple terms.
Part I (Morning Session) 9.00 - 12.30 pm
Introduction to measurement uncertainty
- Reference standard : ISO Guide to the equipment of uncertainty in measurement
- The Requirement of ISO/IEC 17025.
Basic mathematical concepts of measurement uncertainty and evaluating the standard uncertainty
Partial Differentiation - Understanding table of student t-distribution
Basic concept of statistics for metrologists
The step to evaluate the uncertainty
- Source of uncertainty
- Model of the measurement uncertainty
- Determine the standard deviation (Std Uncertainty)
- Determine the combined standard uncertainty
- Determine the effective degrees of freedom
- Determine the expanded uncertainty
Part II (Afternoon Session) 1.30 - 4.45 pm
- Relationship between instrument tolerance,specification,error and measurement uncertainty.
- Examples of fundamental calculation of measurement uncertainty.
Part III 5.00 ~ 5.30 pm
- Questions and Answers.
MR. SEAH LEONG HO is the Quality Manager and Executive Director of Sendi Mahir Sdn Bhd. He was trained in Physical Quality by undergoing a course from Japan in 1997 through the Association for Overseas Technical Scholarship. He also participated in Workshops and Symposiums conducted by the National Conference of Standard Laboratories, U.S.A in 1997 and 2001. He is also a qualified Lead Assessor for ISO/IEC 17025. With more than ten years’ hands-on experience in calibration of various Mechanical, Electrical and Temperature measuring instruments, his session of training will enable participants to fully understand the importance and the fundamental aspects of calibration practice.
RM 1,000.00 per participant - Course Material are provided
SENDI MAHIR SDN BHD – Training Room
HRDC - SBL